Ex-Member of Congress
1st Congressional District, Oregon
Ex-Congressman David Wu (D-OR) was sworn in to a
fourth term as a Member of the 109th Congress on
January 3, 2005. Congressman Wu represented
Oregon's First Congressional District, which
stretches from Portland to the Oregon Coast,
encompassing all of Washington, Yamhill, Columbia,
and Clatsop counties, and part of Multnomah
Ex-Congressman Wu's priorities included: improving
our nation's public education system and making
college more affordable; growing Oregon's economy
by encouraging new business investment and
supporting high tech research; improving our
nation's healthcare system by fighting for
patients' rights and a Medicare prescription drug
benefit; and meeting our obligation to future
generations by preserving Social Security and
protecting our natural environment.
In the House of Representatives, Congressman Wu
served on the Education and the Workforce
Committee, which had sole jurisdiction over
education policy. Congressman Wu also served on
the Science Committee, which had jurisdiction over
research and technology policy and NASA. He was the
Ranking Member on the Environment, Technology and
Mr. David Wu had lived the American
dream. In October of 1961, at six years of age, he
moved with his family to the United States after
President John F. Kennedy signed an executive
order updating unfair immigration quotas. He was
educated in public schools, earned a Bachelor of
Science from Stanford University in 1977, attended
Harvard Medical School, and received a law degree
from Yale University in 1982.
Mr. Wu's distinguished legal career
included a clerkship with a Federal judge in
Portland. In 1988, he co-founded the law firm of
Cohen & Wu. For a decade, the firm successfully
served the high technology industry and numerous
small businesses across Northwest Oregon.
Mr Wu counts among
his proudest accomplishments his work to help
build scores of new businesses that have thrived
and provided well-paying jobs for Oregonians.
His fifteen years of experience in the Portland
business and high technology communities made him uniquely qualified
to represent the "Silicon Forest" district in
Mr. Wu is the first and only
Chinese-American to serve in the U.S. House of
Representatives. He has been a member of the
Executive Board for the Congressional Asian
Pacific American Caucus and served as Chair from
January 2001 to January 2004. He was
also a member of the New Democrat Coalition (NDC),
a group of moderate Democrats in the House.
Mr. Wu and his wife Michelle have two
children: a eight-year-old son named Matthew and a
six-year-old daughter named Sarah.
Note: Mr. David Wu resigned on August 3, 2011.
* Sabemos que o mercado de venda de doces caseiros é super atrativo. Especialmente em épocas de Páscoa, trabalhar com chocolates pode ser muito interessante, e para isso é necessário fazer um bom curso de chocolates e TRUFAS caseiras , que te ensine a como fazer bombons e trufas artesanais de forma prática e profissonal.
* We offers the quickest personal loan to help you tide through your financial difficulties. Thousands of satisfied customers. Apply now with the Top Money Lender in Singapore today.
* Need a short term loan? Strapped for cash? Cast your worries away and give Credit 21 Money Lender in Singapore a ring. Let’s see how we can assist you.
* Gunvault Safe Review
* مركز تحميل الصور مركز تحميل مركز تحميل الملفات مركز تحميل صور
* Are you one of many people having problems paying bills in an emergency sitiuation? A cash advance loan can be just what you need to help out in times of need. See if we can assist you today.
* click here
* In recent months thousands of personal trainers and nutritionists have discovered the power of Pure Garcinia Cambogia. Garcinia Cambogia is a fruit that unlocks easier weight-loss results for millions of health conscious people. Pure Garcinia Cambogia is recommended by Dr.OZ.and clinically proven as an appetite suppressant.It's like a dual action fat buster because it suppresses appetite and it helps to prevent fat from being made in the body." Says Dr. Julie Chen, MD, Integrative Medicine